Fondant Question

Decorating By nikki1273 Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 1:10am by tracey1970

nikki1273 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1273 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 7

Can someone please tell me if there is a good or great tasting fondant out there. If so, where can this be purchased? So far, I have only worked with Wilton fondant and I do not care for the taste of this at all. Any input would be appreciated!!!

6 replies
Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 12:13am
post #2 of 7

It varies from person to person but most agree Wilton is the worst. (except one of my friends that wants just that!) Satin Ice is alright, their new buttercream flavour is nicer. Fondarific (like Duff's) tastes a lot better in my opinion. But again, it's subjective... HTH

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 12:47am
post #3 of 7

How about making your own marshmallow fondant? You can add flavors or chocolate, and it's pretty tasty and cheap to make icon_smile.gif

amcakemaker2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amcakemaker2011 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 12:51am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirt

It varies from person to person but most agree Wilton is the worst. (except one of my friends that wants just that!) is alright, their new buttercream flavour is nicer. Fondarific (like Duff's) tastes a lot better in my opinion. But again, it's subjective... HTH

It does depend on the person. Me personally likes the fondant that Wilton makes. You can buy a box that has 4 different colors in them which is nice..

amber

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 12:53am
post #5 of 7

I like the MMF and the Chocolate MMF that you can make at home. Wilton fondant almost turned me against fondant. In fact, it did for a while.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 1:10am
post #6 of 7

Definitely Jennifer Dontz' white chocolate fondant!

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 1:10am
post #7 of 7

Satin Ice, Fondarific, and FondX are all great tasting fondants.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%