Clam Shells Vs Boxes

Baking By Kamstor Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 10:28pm by Gerle

Kamstor Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 4

This might seem like a silly question. I have done several big orders before and have used a wedding dress boxes to carry my cupcakes and all of those orders had cupcake liners along with wrappers which made the cupcakes heavier so I did not have to worry about tipping.

Now I have a wedding for 125 cupcakes with just liners and I thought about using the plastic clam shells to transport them as I have a long drive to the venue. I am nervous to use the inserts as one time all of my cupcakes shifted while in the box.

So my QUESTIONS (finally) is how do you get them out of the clam shells without touching the frosting. I am thinking that I may be frosting them to close to the edge.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

3 replies
leah_s Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 4

The clam shells that I have have indentatons where your fingers go, so that you can ge under the edge to grab them.

Cupcations Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

The clam shells that I have have indentatons where your fingers go, so that you can ge under the edge to grab them.

I agree with Leah, mine have the same thing, you hardly touch the cupcake/frosting while taking it out & personally I prefer the clam shells over the boxes & inserts, plus its way cheaper
I bought mine from

www.wesellcoffee.com

HTH

Gerle Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 4

I prefer the clam shells, but have found that if I use fondant decorations, the fondant gets soft and sort of melts. I put 6 cupcakes I was going to give to a friend in a clam shell and left it overnight -- and the house was not too warm, it was in the winter and the house is cool at night -- and in the morning the flowers had gotten very soft and were sitting right on top of the icing (I did use buttercream icing) and were sticky. The ones in a cardboard box were still solid and looking beautiful. So if I use fondant accents/decorations, I use cardboard boxes. If not using fondant, I use the clam shells.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%