So Nervous!

Decorating By CalhounsCakery Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 2:50am by CalhounsCakery

CalhounsCakery Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be in my first cake decorating contest this weekend. I have an amazing cake planned (that I hope I can finish in time!), but it won't come close to filling up the table. They went and provided 8' long tables for everyone! Very large. What sort of stuff should I put out on my table? Any thoughts or ideas? And any other advice for this would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies
Elcee Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 3

It's hard to make suggestions on how to decorate your table without knowing what your cake looks likes but at a minimum a nice (ironed!) tablecloth, maybe with poufs of tulle or netting if you want to take up space. Something that points to your inspiration is always good, too. If it were me, I'd center the cake and focus on the area just around it and make sure the rest of all that empty table is neat and pristine looking.

Good luck on your competition! I love entering competitions, they're so much fun and I always learn so much! Be sure to post pictures and how you did!

CalhounsCakery Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 2:50am
post #3 of 3

Thank you for the advice and support. I'm going to promote my cake classes as well, and have some pictures of other cakes I've done. (at the advice of the planner for this event.) I'll definatly post pics! I'm going for a fairy theme. It's going to be a topsy turvy cake with a fairy on top playing a piano. I just finished making 175 tiny little flowers to put on it! I think I have all the little details ready, now to start baking and decorating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%