Filling Question For First Wedding Cake

Decorating By Flur Updated 7 Apr 2011 , 11:12pm by SugarFiend

Flur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flur Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making my first wedding cake for my best friend, and I have never done flavored fillings in cakes. I just always do buttercream icing. She doesn't care if the filling is just buttercream, but her fiance wants a filling of some type. So, I need some suggestions of easy flavors that taste really good with white cake. I'm going to make all of my icing and fondant decorations the weekend before the wedding, so the filling needs to be something that can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. All suggestions are welcomed icon_smile.gif

4 replies
CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 5

What about a ganache filling?

kellikrause Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellikrause Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 5

bettercreme is awesome too. It is very light when whipped up and you can add anything to it to make flavors like strawberry cream, cookies and cream, peanut butter or chocolate mousse to name a few

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 5

With white cake I like to do a couple of fillings. Strawberry filling, with a whipped filling. I do bettercream, with some type of pudding, or cream cheese added. Its like a strawberry shortcake. Just layer the strawberry filling with the mousse on top of that, or torte the cake and alternate the fillings. Any flavor will work. I do chocolate ganache layer, with a cookies and cream mousse layer. I really don't like too much buttercream, so this is a way of lightening it up.

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 11:12pm
post #5 of 5

With white cake I've always been partial to lemon curd (either with or without white chocolate ganache), and raspberry always seems to be a classic choice, too. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%