Motorcycle Wedding Cake

Decorating By nicoles0305 Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 2:55pm by michel30014

nicoles0305 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:04am
post #1 of 3

So I have a request for a motorcycle themed cake, but am having a hard time deciding on something I love.

The cake is three tiers, the bottom will be hand painted with the silhouette of a couple riding a motorcycle. This will be black painted onto the white fondant covered cake.

The bride also wants the pale fuschia daises of her dress incorporated into the cake. This is the part I am having troubles with. I have two different ideas, the first being to have the whole second tier covered in the daisies while keeping the top tier plain. With this idea, I would wrap a narrow ribbon around the bottom of both the top and bottom tiers, but not the middle.

The other idea is to have the daisies cover the top tier completely, then taper them off on the second tier.

I'm not absolutely loving either of these ideas, but can't seem to come up with anything else. Any suggestions? TIA!

2 replies
tygre Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:39am
post #2 of 3

I too have a motorcycle themed wedding cake in June, but my bride wants all black & white with red sugarpaste rose petals and black satin ribbons. She does have the most wonderful topper.... heart shaped flowered arch w/ motorcycle. This one is for 250, triple round tiers w/ a heart shaped on either side. Still trying to talk her into some whole sugar roses.... Not much help but I feel for you. Check out the galleries for motorcycle themed ideas.

michel30014 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 3

The cake is three tiers, the bottom will be hand painted with the silhouette of a couple riding a motorcycle. This will be black painted onto the white fondant covered cake.

The bride also wants the pale fuschia daises of her dress incorporated into the cake.

Well, I dont know if this will help but take a look at these two cakes that I have done. The wedding cake is a Harley Davidson motorcycle cake.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2001061

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1710938

Is it possible you could mix the ideas from these cakes into something you need for this bride? Example:

What if you do the bottom like you said above, but on the middle tier you could do the embroidered flower (daisies) on the side of the cake. You dont have to make them as big as I did.

Then, top it with a real motorcycle like I did. My bride provided the motorcycle, maybe your bride could do the same. Its just a thought/idea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%