Cake Squares

Baking By cakegirl71 Updated 7 Apr 2011 , 4:21am by cake_architect

cakegirl71 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 2:38am
post #1 of 5

I need to make a 24 cake sqaures later in the month and I want to know what is the best cake recipe for cake squares.I tried using a box cake and adding extra cream cheese and milk but this did not work. I dont know if it was the icing or the cake.but the sides just soaked the icing.
Thanks

4 replies
cake_architect Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:31am
post #2 of 5

was the cake warm when you iced it? that could cause the cake to melt the icing and make it 'disappear'. so are you asking for a cake recipe that doesn't soak up icing or an icing recipe that doesn't melt into cake? also, what flavor cake and what type of icing (buttercream, smbc, imbc, cream cheese, etc). all this information will help you get a better response icon_biggrin.gif

cakegirl71 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 4:08am
post #3 of 5

I need a better cake recipe. The box cake was to moist. I used a no cook icing recipe to cover the cakes I did not use buttercream.

JanH Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 4:18am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl71

I used a no cook icing recipe to cover the cakes I did not use buttercream.

American buttercream is no cook. icon_smile.gif

If you provide more specific info - you'll receive more specific help. thumbs_up.gif

HTH

cake_architect Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 4:21am
post #5 of 5

try the 'white almond sour cream' cake (found under the recipes tab) for a no-fail delicious cake that stands up to icing and fondant. and as jan h mentioned, buttercream is no cook so maybe you could give it a try as well icon_biggrin.gif i use half butter/ half shortening to stabilize it a little, but there are many great recipes out there and i'm sure you'll find the on you like!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%