Non-Transparent Cupcake Liners

Baking By kimbordeaux Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 7:53pm by kimbordeaux

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 12:11am
post #1 of 11

I'm in search of Red, Pink and Purple cupcake liners, each color is a separate liner. I need liners that will keep their color, not get transparent after baking. I'm guessing I should be looking for grease-proof liners, correct? Found these, will they work.... http://www.confectioneryhouse.com/baking-supplies-pans/baking-cups/standard-muffin-baking-cups/solid-colors/brite-color-assortment-baking-cups

Does anyone know where I can find these?

Thanks!

10 replies
joycesdaughter111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycesdaughter111 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 12:34am
post #2 of 11

So far, the only cupcake liners I've used that don't "fade" while baking are the foil ones. They stay nice and shiny bright but can be hard to find. The ones you show in your link look like they might fade. Another option might be to bake them in a plain old wrapper and when done, then put them in a new unused wrapper. Good luck!

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 12:58am
post #3 of 11

You can find colored foil liners online. I've used royal blue ones before.

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 1:01am
post #4 of 11

I bought some of the polka-dot ones from this site and they didn't lose their color. I got the mini's though, not sure if that would make a difference!

http://www.bakeitpretty.com/categories/Baking-Cups/

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 11

i get greaseproof cupcake liners from vikingimporting dot com.

Karadactyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karadactyl Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 9:31am
post #6 of 11

I know you're looking for specific colors but Reynold's (the aluminum foil people) make new baking cups that are foil on the inside but have a paper outside with cute designs so that the designs don't fade. I've used them a bunch of times in the last few weeks and had great success with them. So far I've only seen 3 styles (yellow with monkeys, brown with polka dots and black damask) but you might be able to find more styles on their website. Good luck!

texastj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastj Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 10:52am
post #7 of 11

I agree with Karadactyl! I love the new liners from Reynolds and can't wait till they come out with more colors and designs. The color remained just as bright and vivid after baking.

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadactyl

I know you're looking for specific colors but Reynold's (the aluminum foil people) make new baking cups that are foil on the inside but have a paper outside with cute designs so that the designs don't fade. I've used them a bunch of times in the last few weeks and had great success with them. So far I've only seen 3 styles (yellow with monkeys, brown with polka dots and black damask) but you might be able to find more styles on their website. Good luck!

I've used these as well and LOVE them! They're so pretty icon_smile.gif

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 12:47pm
post #9 of 11

I have to agree...the Reynolds are the BEST! I wish they had more to choose from.

cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 1:41pm
post #10 of 11

I have ordered from the Bake It Pretty site noted above, found that the damask, some solid coloured ones and zebra print ones worked very well. I unfortunately did not have much luck with the polka dots, when I baked chocolate in them they did not hold up colour wise.

I find it interesting that the vikingimporting dot com website SEEMS to have some of the same liners as the Bake It Pretty site (the pinwheel ones are too cute!) and they are significantly cheaper. 50 pinwheels on the Bake It Pretty site are $3.25 but 1000 pinwheel ones on the viking site are $20.

Off to see if Viking will ship to Canada to check it out! Great thread guys ~ thanks!!

BTW, can't wait for my family vacation this year to stock up on Reynolds liners....can't buy those here either icon_sad.gif

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 7:53pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks ya'll for your input! I'm going to go check out what Reynolds has online right now. The customer wants bright red, pink and purple liners and the cupcakes are going to be chocolate so I'm in need of liners that want turn transparent. I found pink foil liners and red foil liners but could not find any purple foil liners in the USA. I just don't want to buy something, most of the deals are in bulk, to only find they are useless to me. Cakes by Sam has a good deal on 500, $7.99, and they have the colors I need but, there is no good description of the product. It doesn't even say if they are grease proof or not. If anyone comes across any baking cups that keep their true color or any info that may help me please let me know. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%