What Do You Use For Cake Boards?

Decorating By KimmyD Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 10:48pm by CWR41

KimmyD Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 2

I've been doing this quite a while, but usually only put my cakes on the corrugated boards. I'm finding I'm getting more and more stacked cake orders and need some advice on this. I've done a few on thicker wooden boards that I've covered, but because I wasn't in the business, I didn't require deposits because they were friends or acquaintances, and it's been a pain getting them to return them. Now, I'm a licensed decorator and have my business open, so I can't see these boards just being "discardable" like the corrugated ones, kwim?

Do you require a deposit for return of the larger, thicker wood boards, or do you factor that into your price?

I want to do this the right way, but the most economical way as well. icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

1 reply
CWR41 Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyD

Do you require a deposit for return of the larger, thicker wood boards, or do you factor that into your price?

I'd say the answer is both, sort of, and the choice is basically the customer's...

if you charge a deposit for the board (preferrably cash), and it's never returned, then the customer has chosen to have the expense factored into the price of the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%