Flavor Combo Idea?

Decorating By DaniNicole Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 5:07pm by DaniNicole

DaniNicole Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 4

My daughter's first birthday is coming up and I wanted to do a 6 inch cake (will most likely have 4 thinner layers, two flavors), with about 3 or 4 dozen cupcakes...since I know there will be folks there who do not eat chocolate cake, I wanted to do some chocolate and another flavor - any ideas?

I was thinking almond, or white chocolate, but since the cake is going to be covered in fondant (I like to use ganache under my fondant), do you think a chocolate ganache would be ok, with either flavor? And then for my IMBC I was going to do a white chocolate (so I can tint different colors and decorate the cupcakes)...do these flavor combos sound good together?

3 replies
cakesrock Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:55am
post #2 of 4

I have used ganache with WASC (in recipes) but I think it goes better with choc. If you really want to do ganache, what about a marble or even a red velvet cake? Or you could do WASC with a basic whipped buttercream or your IMBC? That's a nice combo....

Jody130 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 4

There's a forum on here called Help...Gourmet flavors, that has ALOT of great combos for cakes, fillings and frostings. I;ve tried several and they are awesome!

DaniNicole Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, I checked out the Gourmet Flavor thread and OMG! Yay! Just what I needed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%