Modeling Chocolate Roses For Wedding Cake

Decorating By erin12345 Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 6:26pm by Unlimited

erin12345 Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 5

I am considering using red modeling chocolate roses as a topper for a buttercream wedding cake and at the base of each tier. I have never used modeling chocolate before. Any tips or advice? Would it be safer to just stick with buttercream roses?

4 replies
Unlimited Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry, no advice (I'm partial to BC roses).

I don't know what you mean by "safer", but it's faster to stick with buttercream rosesit's the difference between banging them out with a piping bag or forming each petal by hand.

Sassy74 Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 5

I love making modeling choc roses. They're easy, and actually go together really quickly. Yes, you mold each petal by hand, but it's nothing like doing fondant/gumpaste roses petals. You simply form them by hand. Easy-peasy. And making the modeling chocolate itlself is very simple. Store it in the fridge, and pull it out when you have a chance to make a few roses.

What appeals to me is that they can be made well in advance and stored air-tight until you need them. Not so for BC roses. JMO.

Unlimited Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy74

Not so for BC roses. JMO.

BC roses can be made well in advance, air dried, and stored at room temperature for many months.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%