New To Cc And To This Section!

Lounge By ilovesprinkles Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 1:15pm by ilovesprinkles

ilovesprinkles Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone-

I have been a lurker for a little while, but decided to come out of the shadows. My name is Valerie, SAHM of two kids. I have just started a legal, inspected and insured residential kitchen in MA, baking cakes, cookies, cupcakes and other non-PHF confections. Up until now, I have just baked for family, but took the plunge to become legal. It was a lot of work, red tape, and a fair amount of $$, but I'm so glad I did it! Now that I am licensed, I find myself very frustrated at the number of people who do this illegally, and the lengths to which they will justify their actions. But that's another story. icon_mad.gif

There are so many talented people on CC that I'm really in awe, and I so appreciate all of the information shared here. I have the recipes, but really feel like I am improving at decorating with every cake and cookie I do.

Please feel free to visit me on Facebook (ID: Silver Sprinkle), or at my blog, www.silversprinklebakehouse.blogspot.com. (I still have to figure out how to put this in my profile).

I look forward to sharing information, networking, and just plain chatting the day away with you.

Valerie icon_smile.gif

5 replies
cheatize Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 6:13am
post #2 of 6

Welcome and big messy buttercream and cake hugs!

scp1127 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 8:17am
post #3 of 6

It is always hard to deal with unfair competition. But there are so many avenues that open up with that license. Good luck in your new venture.

FlourPots Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 6

Welcome icon_smile.gif

I clicked on your blog and it says, "The blog you were looking for was not found..."

JulieMN Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 11:30pm
post #5 of 6

Welcome to the fun!

ilovesprinkles Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 1:15pm
post #6 of 6

Aww, thank you for the welcomes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Welcome icon_smile.gif

I clicked on your blog and it says, "The blog you were looking for was not found..."

Thanks for letting me know. Oops! I probably have a typo in there somewhere.

Valerie

ETA: Yup, I have a period at the end of the URL. I'm a teacher. I put periods at the end of everything. LOL!

It's

www.silversprinklebakehouse.blogspot.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%