Does Anyone Speak Swedish, Italian, German?

Decorating By Elcee Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 10:55pm by Elcee

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone help? I'm making a "virtual" wedding cake (she'll only see the pictures icon_sad.gif )for a good friend who is getting married in Italy. She was born in Sweden, came to the states as a child and lived here until last year. She then went to join her fiance in Italy, where they will be getting married very soon (in a rush, no family or friends able to go). They will then be moving to Germany. I'd like to pipe I DO on the sides of the cake in her four languages. I tried Microsoft translator and Google translator and came up with different answers! She speaks all these languages so she'll know if it's wrong.

Thank you so much! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 5

German: "Ja, ich will"

Elcee Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 1:13am
post #3 of 5

Thank you, Ursula40!

One down, two to go?

FrancescaTranslator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrancescaTranslator Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 5

Italian: Lo voglio

I live in Italy and I translate for a living, so you can be sure it's correct icon_lol.gif

Elcee Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancescaTranslator

Italian: Lo voglio

I live in Italy and I translate for a living, so you can be sure it's correct icon_lol.gif

Thank you, FrancescaTranslator! icon_biggrin.gif

Honestly, I'm so glad I followed my instinct and didn't trust the Google or the Microsoft translators! If I remember correctly, neither of them gave me what my fellow rockin' CCs have! thumbs_up.gif

Swedish, anyone?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%