Put A Real Bottle On Cake

Decorating By sugarcheryl Updated 5 Apr 2011 , 9:59pm by sugarcheryl

sugarcheryl Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 7

I have a client who wants to put a bottle of absolute on the cake. I was wondering if anybody has any ideas. She sent me a pic to my phone and I do not know how to up load it for you to see it.
Thanks for your help.

6 replies
bakencake Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 7

depending on how many tiers the cake is i would be very careful. A full bottle of vodka is very heavy, specially to put on top of a cake. if that's what the costumer wants then put a good support underneath the bottle . hth

ali06 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 7

Measure the bottle then carve out the center of the cake to fit the bottle about 1/3 of the way into the cake. I'd only do 750ml bottle or less. A liter would be too heavy.

KoryAK Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 7

Is it going to be standing up or lying down? Support is the key

sugarcheryl Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for your help. I saw someone did a beer bottle. It will be lying down and I'm going to do what you suggest alio6. I figured I need support. It will be a sheet cake.

KoryAK Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 7

Lying down is easy then. Just a few drinking straws cut to the height of the cake and then stick the bottle on with some buttercream or royal. You won't have any issues icon_smile.gif (And I don't think you need to so 1/3 into the cake (kills the look in my opinion) - I would maybe just nestle it in about 1/4-1/2".

sugarcheryl Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 9:59pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks KoryAK. I like that idea. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%