Question For People With Storefronts

Business By dchockeyguy Updated 3 May 2011 , 4:14am by CauldronCakeBaker

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 6

Do you get your flour, sugar etc from a place like Restaurant Depo, or are there places out there that deliver just like dairy products?

Thanks!

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 6

GFS, Sysco, USFoods, Dawn, etc. all are food wholesalers who deliver. Many will have a minimum truck delivery order (they won't deliver just one 50-lb bag of flour .... you have to order $250 worth of stuff).

50-lb bags of flour, sugar .... a case of15 doz eggs ..... cinnamon in a big "gallon" size container ...... p.sugar/brown sugar ...... oatmeal (for cookies) ..... peanut butter (for cookies) ...... cases of 25 one-pound blocks of butter/margarine ...... oil/shortening ...... it can add up for you! thumbs_up.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 6

Indy is right..It doesn't take long to add up to the minimum they require to deliver....Dawn foods here requires $300.00

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 6

Look into Sysco, International Gourmet Foods (IGF) or George Ruhl. I know George Ruhl has a $500 minimum, but I'm not sure about Sysco. IGF is around $250 - $300.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 6

I use Ruhl, Lentz and Sysco. Usually a $500-700 minimum.

CauldronCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CauldronCakeBaker Posted 3 May 2011 , 4:14am
post #6 of 6

BakeMark is another place to try. We order from them all the time. Don't know if there is a min. for orders.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%