Twinkie Filling

Baking By QuadCities Updated 17 Apr 2011 , 1:51am by QuadCities

QuadCities Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 4:39am
post #1 of 12

Does anyone have a super mmm-good Twinkie recipe they could share .. I had one .. now I can not find it ..... Now I need the CC gal's & guy's to help me out ....

11 replies
StacyN Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:41am
post #2 of 12

I used this one and it was really good. My family loved it!

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7270/cats-twinkie-filling

doramoreno62 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:59am
post #3 of 12

Here's a super easy recipe for Twinkie filling. It's from a site that copycats recipes.

Ingredients:
1/4 lb butter
1/2 cup Crisco
1 cup granulated sugar
1 (5 1/3 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:
Beat the mixture without stopping for 30 minutes. Sufficient to fill 24 cakes.

QuadCities Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 12:24am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyN

I used this one and it was really good. My family loved it!

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7270/cats-twinkie-filling




Did you leave it sit for 2 days in the fridge and after the 2 days did it looked like it was separating .. I made it just how it stated but it didn't look right ..

QuadCities Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 12:27am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by doramoreno62

Here's a super easy recipe for Twinkie filling. It's from a site that copycats recipes.

Ingredients:
1/4 lb butter
1/2 cup Crisco
1 cup granulated sugar
1 (5 1/3 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:
Beat the mixture without stopping for 30 minutes. Sufficient to fill 24 cakes.





Does this recipe get thick & creamy .. not looking like the Crisco is separating from the rest?

JanH Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 1:52am
post #6 of 12

Hostess Twinkie Filling (copycat recipe):




HTH

pmarks0 Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 2:15am
post #7 of 12
doramoreno62 Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 6:20am
post #8 of 12

Geneseo, I don't know. I haven't had a chance to make it yet. But if you make it, please post your results!

QuadCities Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:15pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Hostess Twinkie Filling (copycat recipe):




HTH





HOLY WOW!!! If I can't find one or ?? out of all of these then I got some problems with my baking/cooking .... Thank you for sharing .. I will make everyone too .. Just to find out what is the best .....

QuadCities Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by doramoreno62

Geneseo, I don't know. I haven't had a chance to make it yet. But if you make it, please post your results!




I sure will ..

SammieB Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:33pm
post #11 of 12

This is the one I use and it tastes just like Twinkie filing to me.

Whisk together 1c. milk and 5 Tbsp. flour, and put in a saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-low heat, and stir until very thick. It will not be liquid, it will be more solid. Once it's completely cooled, bust out the hand mixer with a whisk attachment if you've got it. If not, regular beaters will work. Beat it about 3-4 minutes, or until it is very smooth and light. Add 1 cup white sugar + 1/2 tsp salt and beat again for a couple of minutes. The sugar will dissolve. Add 1/2 cup shortening, mix again. Add 1/2 cup softened butter and mix again. Finally add 1 tsp. vanilla and mix one last time. It really makes a difference beating for a couple of minutes after each addition.

You want to get it on the cake within a few hours before it turns into a fluffy whipped like mess. It's easiest to go ahead and spread it right after mixing. I typically do it a couple of days in advance, and cover my cake in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 day before icing and decorating. It tastes good right when it's made, but give it 48 hours and it is fantastic!

I've also crushed Oreos to mix in' with it. So good.

QuadCities Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 1:51am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieB

This is the one I use and it tastes just like Twinkie filing to me.

Whisk together 1c. milk and 5 Tbsp. flour, and put in a saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-low heat, and stir until very thick. It will not be liquid, it will be more solid. Once it's completely cooled, bust out the hand mixer with a whisk attachment if you've got it. If not, regular beaters will work. Beat it about 3-4 minutes, or until it is very smooth and light. Add 1 cup white sugar + 1/2 tsp salt and beat again for a couple of minutes. The sugar will dissolve. Add 1/2 cup shortening, mix again. Add 1/2 cup softened butter and mix again. Finally add 1 tsp. vanilla and mix one last time. It really makes a difference beating for a couple of minutes after each addition.

You want to get it on the cake within a few hours before it turns into a fluffy whipped like mess. It's easiest to go ahead and spread it right after mixing. I typically do it a couple of days in advance, and cover my cake in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 day before icing and decorating. It tastes good right when it's made, but give it 48 hours and it is fantastic!

I've also crushed Oreos to mix in' with it. So good.





Thanks for writing all this down for me .. I will make this .. Thank You ..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%