Stacking Wedding Cakes

Decorating By requel Updated 5 Apr 2011 , 2:44am by bakingkat

requel Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:00am
post #1 of 4

Need help stacking a wedding cake do you guy's bake fill cover in fondant and stack one time or do you fill cover wait over night then the following day stack please explain how you do your stacked wedding cakes.
thanks

3 replies
ajwonka Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:18am
post #2 of 4

It depends on my time frame but like to bake, fill, crumb then refrigerate wrapped overnight. Then fondant, stack, & decorate. I swear by Sharon's Successful Stacking DVD

KarisCakes Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:35am
post #3 of 4

Mine is similar to the last. I bake, fill, stack, ice, then refridgerate over night. Then I fondant, decorate, and stack, then border. If it's more than a 2 or 3 tiers, Ill stack and border at the delivery site.

bakingkat Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:44am
post #4 of 4

I like stacking as the last step as well. Just make sure you let it rest/settle before you ice/fondant so you don't get a buldge. Also make sure your supports are just a little taller then the cake so that the cake on top isn't actually sitting on the bottom cake, just on the supports, and your border will cover the little gap. If you do these steps you should be able to stack without problems. Hope this helps and good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%