Nutella For Filling ?

Decorating By mommynana Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 6:26pm by mommynana

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 42

Has any one use it for filling? Or is it not firm enough.? Can it be used as is? Or dose anyone have any better ideas, (besides adding it to the buttercream) Thank you.

41 replies
mommynana Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 42

Anyone ? Someone must of tried it!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 42

Yeah, tried it with a spoon going straight into my mouth.

Over the past few years I've bought Nutella with the intention of using it in a recipe. I'm ashamed to admit that I have no Nutella self-control. Yum!

ttshock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttshock Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 42

I used nutella in cupcakes. I filled liners with vanilla batter, then swirled a tablespoon of nutella on the top before baking. Then frosted with a nutella buttercream. They turned out delicious! Not sure if this is what you were looking for...

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 42

I've used it for filling in cupcakes. It's really delicious...but it is gooey. If you were to use it on a cake, I'd make sure to have a pretty stiff dam around the edge to avoid it oozing out. Might also mix a little buttercream in it to stiffen it up a little.

mommynana Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:01am
post #6 of 42

Thanks, Carmijok, My daughter wants it for a cake, That I`m making for my granddaughters Birthday next month. And they love the stuff, I would`t be able to buy it till i need it cuz it would be gone. Do you think i`m better off warming up some fondant to use for a dam. If it`s that gooey?

sweetaudrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetaudrey Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:04am
post #7 of 42

Or you could make Nutella Ganache. I've seen a recipe with equal parts of heavy cream and nutella (1 cup). It looked a little runny, but you could try it that way and let it set up overnight. Then whip it like you would with regular choco ganache to make it fluffy. HTH! thumbs_up.gif

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:17am
post #8 of 42

I have used it ti fill cakes...delicious!!!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:20am
post #9 of 42

I've used it to fill cakes, and had no problem with oozing. A regular icing dam will work just fine. I, also, have trouble keeping it in the house and away from my big mouth!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:30am
post #10 of 42

I have made it into a mousse, and everyone loved it! icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:37am
post #11 of 42

me too.....nutella in one bowl..peanut butter in the other...dip one then the other.Mmmmmm

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:50am
post #12 of 42

I never even thought about using it as a filling. My kids would love that!

mommynana Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:01am
post #13 of 42

Karateka, If you said you tried it and had no problems with it, Then thats good enough for me. Karen421, Would you mind sharing how you made the mousse ?

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:16am
post #14 of 42

I mix it into bc and works great

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:28am
post #15 of 42

I often use it as a filling for choc mudcake. As the cake is quite heavy/dense, I make a ganache dam, then I have no problem with oozing.

It is delicious! Everyone who tastes it, loves it!

mommynana Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:29am
post #16 of 42

Thanks, Caymancake,

Karen421 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:35am
post #17 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommynana

Karateka, If you said you tried it and had no problems with it, Then thats good enough for me. Karen421, Would you mind sharing how you made the mousse ?

So easy and simple! I just whip heavy whipping cream, (in a bowl that I had in the freezer) then refrigerate for about 15 minutes. Then just stir in the Nutella, (using my KA) until mixed and refrigerate until stiff, (about an hour or so)
thumbs_up.gif

MayWest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MayWest Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:15am
post #18 of 42

Add SMBC to it...Delicious and creamy.

blissfulbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissfulbaker Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:39am
post #19 of 42

I teach Wilton classes, I had a student use it once as a filling for her cake. The following week she said everyone at work loved it. I believe she put it on a chocolate cake and the frosting was the Wilton recipe for buttercream.

mommynana Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:45am
post #20 of 42

Karen421, Am I understanding you right, You`r wipping the heavy cream (cold) Till thick then stiring in the nutella, And just let it sit in the fridge? I read somewhere where they say, Heat heavy cream (3/4 cup) add to 1 jar 13oz of nutella then put in the fridge, Have you ever tried it that way?

ashleyisawesome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyisawesome Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 3:01am
post #21 of 42

I used it as is in my boyfriend's birthday cake a few weeks ago. I had no problem and just used a normal dam. Delicious!

mommynana Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 3:15am
post #22 of 42

Thank you all for you`r replys. Im going to try it for sure.

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 3:43am
post #23 of 42

Hey thanks everyone for giving this pregnant women a terrible craving :/ Now if anyone would like to make me some nutella cake Id be very happy!!

b-radz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
b-radz Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 4:03am
post #24 of 42

I mix it into Bettercreme or Frostin' Pride and it makes a delicious mousse type filling for either cakes or cupcakes! YUM!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 4:14am
post #25 of 42

I haven't used it in a cake per se, but I have used it to fill cupcakes. YUMMMM.....

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 4:33am
post #26 of 42

I use it quiet often. Not straight though, unless it's a filling. However, I use it as a buttercream, with melted chocolate... heavenly! >.<

Karen421 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 11:44am
post #27 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommynana

Karen421, Am I understanding you right, You`r wipping the heavy cream (cold) Till thick then stiring in the nutella, And just let it sit in the fridge? I read somewhere where they say, Heat heavy cream (3/4 cup) add to 1 jar 13oz of nutella then put in the fridge, Have you ever tried it that way?

I haven't tried it warm. Yes - just take the entire (32 oz) Heavy whipping cream, cold and put it in a very cold bowl and whip it. After that sets up about 10 minutes, I add the entire jar of Nutella, stirring only until mixed. (don't mix it so much - or it could break down) Crazy easy!!!! You would be amazed what I have tried that way and how much people love mousses!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mommynana Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:12pm
post #28 of 42

Thanks Karen421, Think I`m going to give it a try Both ways, CakeAndDazzle I would love to make a pregnant lady a cake. Must keep a pregnant lady happy....Want to come over for coffee. LOL. Congrats.When are you due?

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:00pm
post #29 of 42

LOL I would love to mommynana!! I am due June 2nd with my 2nd boy! And I would just make it myself but I have HUGE orders for the next 2 weeks :/ But nutella mousse sounds amazing! (i eat it on whole grain waffles but im out!)

mommynana Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:09pm
post #30 of 42

Well trust me If i was close, I would bring it to you, My daughters Birthday is on june 7, And when she was pregnant all she had to do was say crave and i was there for her. Lots of luck! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%