Wedding Cake Frosting?! Help Please

Decorating By lovecheesecake Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 9:47pm by lovecheesecake

lovecheesecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecheesecake Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 12

Hello everyone,

im so excited to be here and new too icon_biggrin.gif

i really need help, im making a wedding cake and the lady wants to have her cake out for like 5 hours on display?!?

i need tips and help on what is the best frosting icing etc for the cake, but also it i were to use choc curls or cigarillos would this change the frosting i use?!!?

any assistance is so much appreciated.

thanks so much, p.s she really doesn't want icing she like me is a frosting cream cheese type of gal but she will have to modify her wants i think.

thanks again!

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 12

Hi and Welcome to CC, lovecheesecake. icon_smile.gif

When you say that the bride wants to have her cake "out" for five hours, do you mean on display (at an inside reception) or outside, i.e., garden wedding?

The more info you provide, the better the quality of the responses you'll receive.

And you can always make your most dependable b/c icing with either cream cheese or cheesecake flavoring (so the bride is at least somewhat accommodated).

HTH

bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 3:00am
post #3 of 12

If it's going to be sitting in a warm place use shortening for the frosting since it has a higher melting point. If it's going to be in a cool, room temp, air conditioned type setting then you can use half butter/half shortening for your frosting. Living in washington state I never have to resort to all shortening which i'm very glad for because I hate the taste and mouthfeel of all shortening frosting. Good luck!

lovecheesecake Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 12

thanks! sorry basically it will be inside on display for approx 5 hours, and she wants it to look like this? so any help i can get in recreating this would be absolutely amazing! she prefers frosting but with the circumstances can i don the below white choc wedding cake ? im soo in need of help! i have attached the image

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 12

Attaching images doesn't work in the forum for some reason.

It would be better if you get a link to the cake, if the cake is anywhere on the internet.

imagenthatnj Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 12

I think hose are chocolate panels on top of (probably) buttercream/frosting. So inside she could have any frosting she wants.

lovecheesecake Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 8:18pm
post #8 of 12

but with the whole issue of butter in buttercream would it not melt? the weddings in june and in a building, on display for 5 hours?

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 8:20pm
post #9 of 12

As long as the AC is on it should be o.k.

lovecheesecake Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 7:15pm
post #11 of 12

thanks so much i am going to do samples soon also would i need to get one of those mixing stands? right now all i have is a hand one.

so from what i gather if i use a good grade of butter like lurpack, or egg whites in the case of the meringue it can stay out for 5 hours if used as basically the glue between the cake and choc panels?

x

lovecheesecake Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 9:47pm
post #12 of 12

i just basically need to know what is the best frosting recipe that absolutely will not budge for 7 hours really, a white choc one preferably.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%