Covering A Petal Cake!!

Decorating By acissej Updated 7 Apr 2011 , 4:20pm by cakedout

acissej Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 6

hi,

Im just about coming to grips with covering round/square cakes in fondant and I am doing a cake for a friends daughter the weekend and I want to use the flower/petal pan but have no idea were to even start in covering it. I have googled it but with no results, just wondering would anybody have advice , a method for same.

Thank u,
jessica icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
cakedout Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 6

Just covered a 3 tier petal cake on Saturday! icon_smile.gif Method is the same as any: lay fondant over frosted cake and pull out from sides like a tent. smooth the top, then gently smooth down the sides, while pulling/stretching fondant. Use the heel of your hand and your fingers to smooth the indent between the 'petals'. You can't really use the fondant smoother tool for these- just your hands.

give it a whirl! icon_smile.gif Good luck!

acissej Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 9:05am
post #3 of 6

cakedout, thank you, the way you described was the way i was thinkin,just seen it wrote down boosts my confidence!! il def be doin it x

Chellescakes Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 6

Just the same as you would cover a round , I have actually found these easier to do than rounds or Squares.

LeeBD Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 2:06am
post #5 of 6

I too was concerned when I had to cover a petal cake but to my surprise it was much easier than I thought. It came out great! You should be fine.

cakedout Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 6

Your welcome. icon_wink.gif Remember to post a pic when you are done! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%