Hand Mixers Cuisinart/kitchenaid

Decorating By hodl Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 3:57am by FH_Cakes

hodl Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 2

Hand mixers Cuisinart vs Kitchenaid

I would appreciate your suggestions regarding hand mixers. Ive been looking for comparison information into two particular models: the Cuisinart HM-70 (7-speeds) and the Kitchenaid KHM 720 ACA (7-speeds).
The hand mixer will mostly be used for light mixtures and occasional cake batters (not for breads as I have a stand mixer). Also, I have not been able to find the power watts in the Kitchenaid hand mixers anywhere in order to facilitate any kind of comparison (not even in the users manual in the internet). I am interested in knowing how well these models do at LOW speed or what sometimes is describe as soft/smooth start. So that I would be able to have a real non-splaterring speed but with gradually stronger power in case needed.
Anyone who has info/experience and or suggestions with any of these hand mixers or has an alternative suggestions will be greatly appreciated? Any other particular hand mixer suggested? Thanks.

1 reply
FH_Cakes Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 3:57am
post #2 of 2

I love my KA Hand Mixer. I have actually burned up 2 of them (before warranty ran up so they were replaced at no charge). For the longest time I used my hand mixer for everything, after replacing the last one though I finally got the Stand Mixer for all my Buttercream.

I highly reccomend the KA hand mixer, just don't use it for Buttercream all the time like I did.... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%