Mmf Fondant With White Chocolate

Baking By CAKELADIE1 Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 8:13am by sabre

CAKELADIE1 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 6:49am
post #1 of 2

I would like to share my MMF recipe that I have been having great success with. This recipe may already exist on CC, but I haven't seen it and it is working so well for me. I normally double this recipe, but the basic recipe is as follows: One 16 oz. pkg of mini marshmallows and 2 TBL water melted in micro at 30 sec. intervals and stirring after each 30 secs. until marshmallows are nearly completely melted. Then I add 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of white corn syrup. Then micro another 30 seconds stirring well to incorporate the chips and syrup. Then I add 2 lb. powdered sugar, a little at a time, and stir, or mixer, either way works, until it is still enough to pour out and knead in the remaining powdered sugar. I keep my hands well greased with shortening and knead until the fondant comes clean from my work surface. I don't always use the whole bag of powdered sugar. Then I wrap very tightly and put in a zip lock bag. I prefer to make my fondant at least 24 hours before I need it.

I am able to roll this fondant very thin and have had no trouble with tearing or cracking.

I hope you have as much success as I have if you try this recipe. By the way, I so enjoy reading everyone's tips and comments and the support everyone has for each other. I don't post a lot, but I read everyone's posts nearly everyday.

1 reply
sabre Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:13am
post #2 of 2

Thanks CAKELADIES - I plan to give your recipe a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%