Anyone Know How To Use The Cake Cricut With Online Clipart?

Decorating By diane706 Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 1:02pm by tiggy2

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 2:39am
post #1 of 5

Hi all. I have the red Cricut Cake that I rarely ever use so I have a question. I need to cut out a design that I haven't seen on any of the cartridges (nor do I want to buy and expensive cartridge for only one design). My question is this: Is there a program that can be used with the Cricut Cake that uses clipart off of my computer? It seems that I've read about it before. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Hopefully someone that knows about this process can help me out. Thanks a bunch!! I really appreciate your help. thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 2:54am
post #2 of 5

There is software you can purchase to use with the cricut so you can use images that aren't on the cartridges. SCAL is still supporting the cricut but probably wont be for long as provo craft has a law suite against them so I would get it quick. They just sued Make The Cut so they can no longer support the circut. There are other programs out there but I'm not familiar with them. I'm still using Make The Cut and as long as I don't update it or the firmware on my cricut it will continue to work.

holwhit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holwhit Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 3:22am
post #3 of 5

There was also a post the other day about fairy cuts, but I don't know anything about it because I use MTC too

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 3:33am
post #4 of 5

Thank you Tiggy2!! I really appreciate your quick response. So, if I purchase the download (I just checked out SCAL website) will I eventually need to upgrade? And if they stop supporting the Cricut, can I still use it without the upgrade? Also, do I need the DVD in addition to the download? I feel silly asking all these questions. Sorry icon_redface.gif

Btw, I have lots of relatives up your way in Omaha. Do you know any of the Huttons (big family) or Tenneys? I'll have to tell them about you. They're disappointed because they can't seem find great cake decorators in their area.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 1:02pm
post #5 of 5

Yes you can continue to use it without the upgrade as long as you don't upgrade the firmware on your cricut. I would get the DVD just in case something happens to your computer and you nedd to reinstall it at some point.

I don't know the Huttons or Tenneys but Omaha is pretty big. I'll pm you my website if you want to pass it along to them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%