Blasted, Stinkin, Rotten Roses

Decorating By hrnewbie Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 2:29am by dldbrou

hrnewbie Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 7

I just can't make gumpaste roses. It's so silly. I can whip them out by the thousands in RI or BC but God forbid I try to do one in gumpaste/fondant. They end up looking goofy and I end up frustrated.

Am I missing some sort of trick? I tried Duff's method, which someone kindly referenced in a recent picture, but no luck. I'm such a doofus when it comes to roses. icon_redface.gif

6 replies
Jenniferkay Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 7

I did a yubetube search and found cakincrazy had a cool video. They were hand molding each petal from a ball. I really liked it. I used the JEM cutters and felt like they were turning into cabbages, so this was really nice. Also, I'm not a fan of starting with a cone. I feel like it's a waste.

soapy_hopie Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 7

when you have added all the petals onto the rose, just turn it up side down a give it a little spin, this will help to make the petals fear out and hand more naturally, good luck

I am having trouble with my royal icing you you have a good recipe if you don't mind sharing?

soapy_hopie Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 7

when you have added all the petals onto the rose, just turn it up side down a give it a little spin, this will help to make the petals fear out and hand more naturally, good luck

I am having trouble with my royal icing you you have a good recipe if you don't mind sharing?

sugardugar Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 7

Duff's roses all the way!!! Look at my rose bouqet pic, that's my first attempt at Duff's. Gorgeous, easy, fast, I'll never go back!

leah_s Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 7

Two words.

Buy. Them.

www.avalondeco.com

dldbrou Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 2:29am
post #7 of 7

I just finished watching the series that this lady put together. She has a great demo. Watch all three on roses.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4435790_making-rose-bud-gum-paste.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%