Hot And Humid Weather Wedding Cakes?

Decorating By LadyDi469 Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 5:21pm by icer101

LadyDi469 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 3

What is the best cake/frosting you have used for hot weather wedding cakes if the bride doesn't want fondant?

This particular bride-to-be is impossible. She asked me 2 years ago to make her wedding cake and knowing her I was thinking ..the engagement won't last that long, but so far it has and she will be getting married in July. She has changed her wedding theme and cake ideas 3 times and now wants to get together to "finalize" the cake plan. First question I asked was "how much is your budget for the wedding cake".....her reply was, "well we really don't have one because we thought you would do it for free since you aren't a REAL BAKERY".

My reply was, "you're right, I'm not a REAL BAKERY, but if you want a wedding cake you're going to have to pay REAL money for it just like everyone else". She wants red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting for an outdoor venue.

2 replies
sugardugar Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 3

I'm a fanatic for indydebi's BC. 1 1/3cup crisco, 8-9cups PS, 3 tbsp dream whip powder, 1/4tsp salt (my own preference) and some extract to flavour, milk til you get preferred consistency.

I do NOT live in a hot area but she does, and has said everywhere that it holds up well. I trust her!

I have taken this basic recipe and figured out my fave lemon, coconut, orange, everything BC. There's something about that dream whip powder I guess but it's just darn perfect!

icer101 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 3

Also, Sharon Zambito's buttercream recipe. Very stable. She lives in Lousianna. She shows how to make it on youtube. Delicious!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%