I Have No Idea How To Do This! Help Please!

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 26 May 2011 , 3:16pm by LoveMeSomeCake615

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 18

I have a friend who wants me to make her groom's cake for her wedding. She wants this boot in 2D in all buttercream. HELP!

17 replies
Misdawn Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 18

can't get CC to attach the pic. I'll put it in my photos.

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 18

I would make a paper template of the 2D shape of the boot. Bake a sheet cake and then cut it into a boot shape using the template. Cover the cake using green buttercream and black fondant on top for the black part of the boot. That's what I can come up with. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in. Good luck!

preciouspjs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciouspjs Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 18

I'd just tell them all carved cakes need to be done in fondant. if you're not confident you can do it, you won't like it.. and if you won't like it, it won't come out good the way you want it..

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

I have a friend who wants me to make her groom's cake for her wedding. She wants this boot in 2D in all buttercream. HELP!

I guess the picture was taken out of your photos. I'm not sure what part you don't know how to do but I have a template for for how to cut a boot. I've never used it but if you email me I'll be happy to scan it and send it to you tomorrow.

Misdawn Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 18

Yeah I'm kinda peeved. I tried to post the pic in the original post, but something (don't think it was me, my computer, or my file) was not working properly and it wouldn't post. I checked my file size and format (which was correct) but it still wouldn't post. So I put it in the Templates gallery and in my photos, so that viewers could go see the photo. They sent me a message saying that "Non cake photos cannot be put in the galleries." Then what the heck am I supposed to do?

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 18

I get past the uploading issue by uploading the pic to www.photobucket.com - after you upload it there, you can use the image tag [img] to add it to your post.

Misdawn Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:13am
post #8 of 18

ok i'm gonna try again. Here's a link to the photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatssosweet/5607987233/
So how do I do this in all buttercream? I have 3 weeks to figure this out!

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:42am
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

Yeah I'm kinda peeved. I tried to post the pic in the original post, but something (don't think it was me, my computer, or my file) was not working properly and it wouldn't post. I checked my file size and format (which was correct) but it still wouldn't post. So I put it in the Templates gallery and in my photos, so that viewers could go see the photo. They sent me a message saying that "Non cake photos cannot be put in the galleries." Then what the heck am I supposed to do?

had the same thing happen to me too, you would think they would fix the features before they started "cracking" down on us having to find work arounds for their lack of fixes.

my was of cupcakes (that I baked), but b/c they did not have frosting on them, it got deleted. lol

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 12:56pm
post #10 of 18

There's no way I would attempt that in BC. As the decorator you have to tell them what can and can't be done.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 1:11pm
post #11 of 18

In the OP, you said a 2D cake. That will be fine in bc. Now, if it's 3D, we're talking a different story.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 1:29pm
post #12 of 18

You could/might get away with bc with fondant accents, BUT you cannot really replicate the texture of the leather as well in bc as you could in fondant. Some things are not that makeable in BC, unless you are supertalented with a fridge as large as a walk in, cause that is where you would have to do a lot of your decorating.

I'd tell her eihter your way (fondant) or think of something different

Misdawn Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 5:05pm
post #13 of 18

Do you think this would be possible as a frozen buttercream transfer?

Misdawn Posted 26 May 2011 , 4:45am
post #14 of 18

so the cake is finished. Once again, cc won't let me upload in the forums so you can go to my photos and look at it if you like.

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:16am
post #15 of 18

The end result looks amazing...take it you did the boot all in BC??
you got the pattern so near to the original photo....well done!!

Callmesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callmesugar Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:24am
post #16 of 18

Did you use a frozen buttercream transfer? You did an awesome job! Everything looks like the original boot!

Misdawn Posted 26 May 2011 , 2:09pm
post #17 of 18

yes I did a frozen buttercream transfer. I was so nervous! I only did one so there was no back-up if it didnt work. (My printer ran out of ink before I could print a secod image for another transfer.) Thanks everyone. I'm really pleased with the end result. Let's hope the bride is too!!

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 26 May 2011 , 3:16pm
post #18 of 18

Wow, that looks awesome, you did a fabulous job!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%