Has Anyone Used The Round Tiered Wedding Cake Boxes?

Decorating By CarolLee Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 3:18pm by leafO

CarolLee Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 3

I ran across the wedding cake boxes from Global Sugarart and was wondering if they are worth their cost as far as transporting? The one I looked at was $28.99.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=21188&name=Round%20Wedding%20Cake%20Box%2022%20inches%20by%20Bakery%20Crafts

My question is; can you line them with clear contact paper, transport the cake and bring the box home and reuse?

2 replies
leah_s Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 3

Yes, I have them and have used them, but I didn't pay ANYWHERE near that price for mine. There's no need to line them with contact paper, and yes you can reuse them. However, I generally deliver unboxed unless it's raining cats and dogs. I do box up a cake when I'm delivering to a caterer for transport or if a customer is picking up.

leafO Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 3

Those boxes look super nice, but I have never used them. I'm just a hobby baker so they are a little out of my price range icon_wink.gif

When I do need a box I just get a regular Packing or shipping box just slightly larger than my cake board. I use clear packing tape to tape it closed across the bottom and top, putting tape at the edges of the box also. Then I use an exacto knife to cut along the corners and top of one side so it folds out but the box remains intact(like in the photo of the fancy box) I tape the inside top and bottom and all the edges to reinforce them.

Then I slide the cake in, fold up the open side, and tape it closed. Works great and only costs about $5 for the box and tape. Doesn't look as pretty as the fancy box though. But, I bet if you covered The out side with a pretty contact paper it would look just as nice icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%