Ideas For 2 Yr Old Boy & 5 Yr Old Girl Birthday Cake?

Decorating By ycknits Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 3:06pm by ycknits

ycknits Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:05am
post #1 of 10

I do birthday cakes for a recovery family group each month. This time I have three kids - a teenaged girl (no problem icon_smile.gif and a 2 year old boy and 5 year old girl. I'd like to do one children's cake for the two younger ones, but I'm stumped because of the age difference and the gender difference.

I haven't watched kids cartoons for ages... can anyone help me out with a suggestion that would be both current and appropriate for these two? I'm happy to mold figurines, etc. but I'm really stuck for an idea... please help!

Thank you!

9 replies
ajwonka Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:21am
post #2 of 10

I have a 5 year old girl & 3 year old boy. I could name shows that both like but no guarantee others do! Could you go with a more "old school " approach: Mickey Mouse, bugs & butterflies, maybe an Easter bunny theme?

mommynana Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:36am
post #3 of 10

My 2yr old and 4yr. old grandsons are allways wathcing toy story, along with my 2yr. old granddaughter, HTH

mommynana Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:36am
post #4 of 10

My 2yr old and 4yr. old grandsons are allways wathcing toy story, along with my 2yr. old granddaughter, HTH

mommynana Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:37am
post #5 of 10

mommynana Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:39am
post #6 of 10

MY 2yr. old and 4yr old grandsons. are allways wathcing toy story. along with my 2yr.old granddaughter HTH

StacyN Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:41am
post #7 of 10

My two year old boy loves the movie Cars and anything that has to do with cars or any kind of balls, baseball, basketball etc.! LOL I only have boys so Im not sure about the five year old girl but I'm sure anything pretty and colorful she would love!

chefjess819 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:45am
post #8 of 10

my kids love the cat in the hat. kind of goes both ways gender-wise.

Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 2:53am
post #9 of 10

I did Eric Carle Very hungry caterpillar / butterfly for my son and daughter who almost share a birthday 4 years apart. Simple and cute. You can check them out in my photos.

ycknits Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 3:06pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you all for your wonderful replies! You got me "unstuck." I'll probably use all of your ideas over the next few months when I find myself asking the same question again. You're the greatest!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%