Airbrush Help

Decorating By ConfectionsCC Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm by ConfectionsCC

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 6

I am having trouble making my airbrush spray... It wont spray water or color, and after inspecting the needle it seems to be fine. I have only used it a handful of times! If it is clogged, how else can I get it unclogged besides rinsing with hot water?? any suggestions would be nice icon_cry.gif

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 6

If it won't spray anything it is probably clogged.You will have to get the instructions out that came with it and see how to pull it apart to clean it.What did you spray in it last??

or...is the PSI turned up?

ConfectionsCC Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 6

ahhh i got it out! it was clogged at the tip! I got a sewing needle and stuck it in there lol!!! All i use with it is food coloring...i guess I just didn't clean it out as good as I should have last time I used it!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 6

Yup...that will do it..Make sure you clean it out after every use....

wildcaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildcaker Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:13am
post #5 of 6

if you use regular food colours, you will clog it constantly... the pigments are not ground as finely as they are for airbrush colours. Be VERY careful using metal to unclog your airbrush... it's pretty easy to damage the end.

ConfectionsCC Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 6

I am using airbrush colors by americolor! How do I keep it clean? I usually rinse it with hot water, followed by alocohol, then hot water again...maybe I didnt rinse well enough the last time I used it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%