Best Way To Do Mug (Cup Of Coffee)?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 3:35am by cakesrock

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone have any ideas for the best way to do a cup of coffee cake? Do I stack 6 inches and carve? How many? Do the handle out of gumpaste? I'd appreciate some suggestions...
Thanks!

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 4

Yup..I would just stack 6 or 8 inch rounds depending on the servings you need and make the handle from gumpaste with a skewer attached to push it in.

mandythebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandythebaker Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:36am
post #3 of 4

My best friend is a coffee nazi, and she has also requested a coffee cup cake. I am very new to doing cakes and I also could use some suggestions. She gave me a domed glass bowl to use to bake the cake in, so shaping of the cup will be easy, but how would i get it to stand upright atop another flat cake? I have not yet learned how to stack cakes.. so any hints would be helpful!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 3:35am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandythebaker

My best friend is a coffee nazi, and she has also requested a coffee cup cake. I am very new to doing cakes and I also could use some suggestions. She gave me a domed glass bowl to use to bake the cake in, so shaping of the cup will be easy, but how would i get it to stand upright atop another flat cake? I have not yet learned how to stack cakes.. so any hints would be helpful!

I baked and stacked two 6 inch cakes. You need to watch some videos on youtube to see how to stack and put in dowels. I bought cake jacks and they are great - made life easier. It''s quite simple, really..... Just google "stacking cake videos". Have fun and good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%