Charmed Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:40pm
post #1 of

I can't find them locally. Could you recommend a good site?
thanks

14 replies
Fantasy_Cakes Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:53pm
post #2 of

I am from Milwaukee and I got mine at Restaurant Depot, but I also saw them at Bed Bath & Beyond.

scp1127 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 11:01pm
post #3 of

Bed Bath and Beyond has some great ones now. They are in the middle of the aisles. I have seen them in two stores in two states. I think they are milkshake straws.

SammieB Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 3:56am
post #4 of

Are these really strong enough to use at tier supports? I saw someone mention this a couple of days ago.

Fantasy_Cakes Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 4:02am
post #5 of

I used them in my last cake. 3 tier cake 10 8 and 6 in and it was good. This was the first time for me using them and I really like it. icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 4:03am
post #6 of

Yes, they are very thick and fat. The package of about 50 is only $2.00, so get a bunch. I'm like you, my only other source is online with shipping charges. I have read on here that asian markets have them, but we don't have an asian market either.

Charmed Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 4:27am
post #7 of

thanks guys thumbs_up.gif

warchild Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 4:39am
post #8 of

I found bubble tea straws at my local dollar store.

AnotherCreation Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 5:24am
post #9 of

I get mine at a chinese food store. They always have plenty and in different colrs too icon_biggrin.gif

MacsMom Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 5:39am

I buy mine from eBay - sellers name is bobastore. They are individually wrapped, but they are the strongest I've come across and shipment arrives before the estimated delivery date. Usually free shipping.
http://stores.ebay.com/BobaStore

Sorelle Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 6:17am
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

I buy mine from eBay - sellers name is bobastore. They are individually wrapped, but they are the strongest I've come across and shipment arrives before the estimated delivery date. Usually free shipping.

This is where I get mine too.

SRumzis Posted 6 May 2011 , 6:12pm

Are you guys saying that store sells thicker walled straws? I didn't know there was more than one kind of boba straw. I better look into that. Can't seem to find white ones, they'd look much more professional I think.
Also, I would recommend using plastic dowels on anything more than a 6 8 10 cake, as the weight can get pretty heavy. Just save some mulah and use the straws on the first 3 tiers, then use the plastic dowels on the biggetr bottom ones. Justa thought.

cakification Posted 6 May 2011 , 6:27pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Good to know, just bought some from this seller about a week ago.. waiting for them to arrive! Very reasonably priced too!

Krystal323 Posted 7 Dec 2012 , 10:24pm

love boba straws ... r the best support for all my tier cakes...

remnant3333 Posted 7 Dec 2012 , 10:36pm

Got mine at Big Lots. They are milkshake straws but they are huge and big just like the bubble tea straws.  I have never seen straws so big before but knew I could use them for cakes so I bought them for when I do a two tier cake later this month.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%