2 Dollar Shipping @flour Confectionsþ

Decorating By Cupcations Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 3:05pm by Cupcations

Cupcations Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 16

I think its a great deal especially for Canadians, offer is only for the weekend & some restrictions apply

15 replies
scp1127 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 16

I got it today too.

sugardugar Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 16

Ooooh I was going to order soon, but will do it now, TYSM for the heads up!!!

scp1127 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 2:03am
post #4 of 16

Has anyone actually ordered? It looks like they are going to charge your card the entire shipping cost and then refund the shipping on 4/11?

warchild Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 2:51am
post #5 of 16

How odd, I'm on the email list for Flour Confections and get their updates regularly, but for some reason I do not have this newsletter about the 2 dollar shipping special? I just checked out whats what on the website about this, and its a bit confusing if you don't read it more than once.

You do not get the 2 dollar shipping special at purchase time, you have to pay regular shipping charges as per usual, but that is supposedly refunded minus the 2 dollars on April 11th.

My question is, why not just charge the 2 dollars shipping special thats advertised, and be done with it? Why charge full price then refund part of it later?

I'm sure they have all their ducks in a row and everyone will have their shipping costs credited back to thier cards on April 11th, but, as tempting as the 2 buck shipping charge sounds, I'll be passing this one up.

scp1127 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 2:56am
post #6 of 16

I agree warchild. I was going to order the brown tulip liners, but they aren't that much cheaper than my regular supplier. By the way, the code is 2YEAR. Thanks for the reply.

flourconfections Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 16

Hi all, thank you for taking advantage of our 2 year anniversary, 2 buck shipping deal. It is still open until 11:59 PM today (April 3rd).

Quote:
Quote:

My question is, why not just charge the 2 dollars shipping special thats advertised, and be done with it? Why charge full price then refund part of it later?

Just to help everyone with why we are refunding the shipping charges at a later time...

Unfortunately at this time, our system will not allow the product restrictions and flat rate shipping discount at the same time. So... we still wanted to give back and thought a refund on or before April 11th would be the easiest way (in most cases the refunds will be complete WELL before April 11th).

Thank you once again... Visit our site (link in my signature) and April newsletter (there is a link on our site) for details.

sugardugar Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 16

Boooo.
I was gonna grab 4 packs of the straw dowel/supports. But shipping to NL is $17 for an $8 purchase, eep!

Kristie925 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:27pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardugar

Boooo.
I was gonna grab 4 packs of the straw dowel/supports. But shipping to NL is $17 for an $8 purchase, eep!

But it looks like you'll get 15 of that back! So, if you have it to spare for a few days, it's worth it!

warchild Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 6:46pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flourconfections

Hi all, thank you for taking advantage of our 2 year anniversary, 2 buck shipping deal. It is still open until 11:59 PM today (April 3rd).

Quote:
Quote:

Just to help everyone with why we are refunding the shipping charges at a later time...

Unfortunately at this time, our system will not allow the product restrictions and flat rate shipping discount at the same time. So... we still wanted to give back and thought a refund on or before April 11th would be the easiest way (in most cases the refunds will be complete WELL before April 11th).

Thank you once again... Visit our site (link in my signature) and April newsletter (there is a link on our site) for details.

Well, even though this was against my better judgement, I did place an order with you, based on your explanation of the shipping charges. I do hope it will turn out as you say.

Have to add, I was surprised to see there is now two separate HST charges added to Canadian purchases. One on goods and one on shipping cost itself. Not sure why that is, but good to know as it will help with deciding on future purchases.

sugardugar Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 7:58pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie925

Quote:

Boooo.

But it looks like you'll get 15 of that back! So, if you have it to spare for a few days, it's worth it!

TBH I was just a little weary I may have hassle with it so I eBayed it up. icon_smile.gif

WykdGud Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 8:13pm
post #12 of 16

I know the owner, and am confident there won't be any hassles with getting a refund for the difference. Websites are set up to operate under certain guidelines and since this is a one-time offer, well - it just makes sense to charge it and then refund the difference than try to change her purchasing structure.

Lisa is awesome - I wholly support her and her business and encourage you to purchase from her. I have no doubt you will be completely satisified.

Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 8:33pm
post #13 of 16

I too have purchased many things from Scott and Lisa and they are very good...You will get a refund..I'm sure of it!!

sugardugar Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 11:01pm
post #14 of 16

I wouldn't say I think they are lying: I have made quite a few purchases from FC and they are smooth and quick - very good business.

If I used credit card I'd have gone with them. But I use paypal so getting the $ back seemed like a hassle.

I don't want anyone to misread me and put mistrust in anyone's mind tho!!

warchild Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 2:32am
post #15 of 16
Quote:

I wouldn't say I think they are lying: I have made quite a few purchases from FC and they are smooth and quick - very good business.

If I used credit card I'd have gone with them. But I use paypal so getting the $ back seemed like a hassle.

I don't want anyone to misread me and put mistrust in anyone's mind tho!!

My goodness, no one said anyone was lying. My post was about how unusual the shipping charges seemed to be for this promotion. Pay first then get a refund after. I thought it was odd, as I've never come across such a thing when ordering online. Now that its been explained I've placed an order. I would not have done that if I thought the company was lying.

Cupcations Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 3:05pm
post #16 of 16

WoW! I didn get any email notifications for this topic I hate when this happens I miss out on all the fun icon_sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie925

Quote:

Boooo.

The offer was only for purchases $22+ before taxes & shipping.
I ordered the day I got the email, it was also on FB.
I agree their service is great, I finally ordered the baby mold (sooo excited icon_biggrin.gif ) but it was out of stock, the good news though is that theyr going to wait for it to come (a week or two) & I'll still get my $2 shipping!!
Thank you FC! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%