Ateco Cutters Vs Fox Run? Online Suppliers?

Decorating By Scubabe Updated 2 Apr 2011 , 8:16am by Scubabe

Scubabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scubabe Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

I'm in the UK but have a colleague who is going to the states next week for work, who has offerred to bring me back some items. I want to place an order for some cookie cutter sets online and have them delivered to her hotel.

1) What is the quality of "Fox Run" cutters compared to "Ateco" cutters? I have seen the Ateco cutters and love their quality and am about to order 8 sets of Ateco cutters on Amazon, but have seen Fox Run are available on Amazon and a little cheaper. If you had the option, which would you get?

*I am wanting the sets which all go inside one small round tin, and they are concentric shapes - e.g. 9 different sized ovals which all fit inside each other, squares, rounds, daisys, hearts, teardrops, etc
*I don't want to buy cheap (buy cheap = buy twice IME) - I want my cutters to last me many many years and not get bent/buckled/rusty after just a couple of years. I would prefer to buy the best quality I can afford - and I believe the Ateco gear is the right quality I am after - how does the Fox Run stuff compare?

2) I am about to order on Amazon but just realised there may well be cake shops or cookie shops who sell the same stuff at a better price - any suggestions for other places I could look to price up this order?

I have found the US prices far better for the Ateco sets than we can ever get over here - e.g. the 11-piece round Ateco set I can get for $14.99 delivered on Amazon in the states, whereas at UK cake stores/Amazon it's £25+ ($40USD) so I will save myself a tonne if I can get her to bring them back for me.

Any advice/suggestions/links would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Ness

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 3

Don't know Fox Run, but I can attest that the Ateco are top notch.

Scubabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scubabe Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 8:16am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your reply Leah, I think I will stick with Ateco as I know of the brand and have only heard good things.

Many thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%