Need A White Cake Recipe, Which Do You Recommend.

Baking By auntginn Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 9:29pm by CakeARTbyBeth

auntginn Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 5:35am
post #1 of 9

I am making a sculpted skateboard cake for this young man I know, He's been very nice to me and my family and its his birthday this weekend. Want a very good tasting cake, that can be sculpted. He does not like many flavors so decided can't go wrong with white or maybe vanilla. Which recipe do you suggest I use. I usually use box cake mixes but they are normally crumbly. Sorry if I made this longer than needed to.

8 replies
cake_architect Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 6:06am
post #2 of 9

definitely go with the famous White Almond Sour Cream recipe everyone on this site raves about icon_biggrin.gif

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2322/white-almond-sour-cream-cake-wasc

{its doubled though so half it if you don't need too much}

auntginn Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 6:16am
post #3 of 9

Thank you cake_architect. I appreciate your response.

caymancake Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 6:41am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake_architect

definitely go with the famous White Almond Sour Cream recipe everyone on this site raves about icon_biggrin.gif

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2322/white-almond-sour-cream-cake-wasc

{its doubled though so half it if you don't need too much}

I 100% agree with cake architect, it is one of the best white cakes you'll ever make and eat!

cake_architect Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 6:42am
post #5 of 9

no problem! i use it for all my white/vanilla cakes and it tastes awesome icon_biggrin.gif

tamdan Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 9

The WASC is awesome. People that I made it before did complain that it was a bit too sweet. Maybe cut down on the sugar if you don't like overly sweet cake.

shaekae81 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 9

yep...I must echo that WASC is the way to go! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 9

I usre hope you did use my *original* WASC recipe! I'ts perfect for what you want and will NOT be crumbly for sure.

How did it come out?

CakeARTbyBeth Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 9:29pm
post #9 of 9

kakeladi's is the best! I use it for the majority of my cakes -- various flavors and always get wonderful compliments! Thanks, Kakeladi, for such a fabulous recipe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%