Help With A Good Chai Tea Buttercream Recipe, Please Help.

Baking By josefina20 Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 1:46pm by josefina20

josefina20 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone can share with me, their yum yum Chai Tea recipe. I am looking for a cake flavor with it and buttercream too.

thanks. icon_lol.gif

6 replies
scp1127 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 7

I use a french buttercream with a chai jam. The jam I use is from Bittersweet Herb Farm. They have a website and they do have wholesale accounts. Their jam has won numerous gourmet food awards. The jam can be used as a thin layer between two of four layers with the buttercream between the other. The cake can be yellow or anything you like.

josefina20 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:19am
post #3 of 7

Is there any recipe that i can make it using the regular tea bag form the grocery store. I just do not how to infuse the flavor with the buttercream.

bakingkat Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:35am
post #4 of 7

I make a chai cake that's been a pretty big hit, I just take my normal base cake, mines a vanilla poound cake, and then I stir in chai powder, it can be to taste but I think I do about 6 tablespoons for 4 cups of batter. I frost it with a spiced white chocolate buttercream. Good luck!

mfoxx9 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:43am
post #5 of 7

I make my regular vanilla cake, then stir in some of the chai spice mix from this recipe:

http://gimmesomeoven.com/vanilla-chai-cupcakes/

I think I use about 3 teaspoons in a regular batch of cake batter. I use the same chai spice mix in my regular vanilla buttercream. I forget how much I use in the buttercream, but I just add it until it tastes right.

gbbaker Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 4:19am
post #6 of 7

I use Rose levy's white cake and the day before use 5 chai teabags and place them in the milk and bring to a boil and let them sit for an hour . But it's not just about the tea, chai is cinnamon ,nutmeg, cardamom etc. You can make your own chai mix it's very easy to do.

(4) 1 1/2 in. slices fresh ginger (use vegetable peeler)
(1) 2 in. cinnamon stick
(4) whole cloves
(1) heaping demitasse spoon powdered cardamom
(1) 6 in. vanilla bean (cut up into 1 in. pieces)
(1) dash nutmeg
(1) heaping Tbsp. sugar
(1/4) cup honey
(3) Bigelow Darjeeling Blend tea bags
(2) cups H2O
(2) cups milk
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and toss in teabags then all other ingredients in order above. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add milk and bring to boil, then take off heat. Strain through strainer or coffee filters and serve hot or in a tall glass filled with ice.

Refrigerate unused portion. To reheat, you may either heat any conventional way, or froth with cappucino maker

I like a mocha frosting with the chai cake. But you could make the above drink and reduce a cup of it Down to 1/4 cup and flavor with that.

josefina20 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so so much, you all are my superhero. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%