Attention Il Bakers, Cottage Law Bill Is In The Senate

Decorating By blissfulbaker Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 9:50pm by mamabaer

blissfulbaker Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 6

If you are a baker in IL and is interested in being able to sell your cakes, cookies and cake pops from home give your local senator a call or email. Senator David Koehler (D-Peoria) is sponsoring Senate Bill 137. This bill is similar to the one that was recently passed in Michigan. Let your local State Senator know we need this bill to pass. In a recent Chicago Suntimes article (Dec. 10, 2010) it was stated that Wallmart is currently the number one bakery and Costco is the number one cake seller. Mom and Pop bakeries will soon be a thing of the past. Perhaps if we could start out our baking businesses in our home kitchens we could eventually expand to store fronts.

5 replies
mimi1218 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 6

I was hoping that I read the article correctly! It was just in the Chicago Tribune on 3/22. A friend emailed it to me. I want to help get it passed!

mamabaer Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 6

Whoo Hoo! Calling right now!!! Please let it pass!!!!!

blissfulbaker Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 6

@Mimi1218, yes it was in last week's Chicago Tribune. I was able to find info about the bill on the IL State Senate website. It outlines the entire bill. I have sent my local State Senator an email. I am encouraging everyone I know to do the same.

mimi1218 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 6

I just sent my message! Thank you so much for posting this!

mamabaer Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 6

Just sent a compelling (if I do say so myself!) email to my counties senators.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%