Torting A Mud Cake

Decorating By aspencakes Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 4:48pm by aspencakes

aspencakes Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone ever torted a chocolate mud cake? being a dense moist cake I am not sure if it would fall apart? and if so, what did you fill it with? icon_smile.gif

3 replies
CakeCrystals Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 4

The mud cake is suppose to be good for carving/sculpting, so I think that torting shouldn't be a problem. People from the AU and UK usually fill with ganache.

HTH

Coral3 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 4

Yes you can torte it, it's a very sturdy cake. I usually use ganache, but mostly because it's so user-friendly. It won't bulge out the sides, and if you're covering the whole cake with it then it's a fantastic surface to cover with fondant. Plus it's delicious and goes really well with mud cakes. You can use other things though. I've filled dark chocolate mud cake with a home-made sour cherry filling and cream cheese frosting, for kind of a black forest taste. I just filled one yesterday with chocolate IMBC, which when I was 'testing' the scraps, was delicious. So you can use pretty much whatever you like I think.

aspencakes Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much! I am an Aussie living in the States and will give it a go.This has been helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%