Cake Pops ~Made From Scraps Or Whole Cake~ Poll

Baking By tabco Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 6:27pm by tabco

tabco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabco Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 4

Do you make your cake pops/balls from your scraps or do you make a whold cake to make them? If you do use scraps what to you do with the scraps until you have enough make a whole batch? How long do they freeze for? Maybe a silly question but I have never made them before! Thanks.... I set up a poll for fun!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 4

I almost always used scraps - what was cut off to level the cake. I freeze the scraps in plastic freezer (heavy weight) bags until I'm ready to make them. I have frozen some for as much as 6-8 months (maybe longer). Usually my cakes are so moist to begin with that when I make pops I do not have to add anything - just mush up the cake and form into balls that I fz while makeing more then dip in the melted chocolate.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 4

Several years ago, the lady who owned the bakery I worked for began making cake balls from the scraps she had left over from trimmed cakes. They became so popular she had to start baking cakes to keep up with the demand. She still kept the scraps though and mixed in with the whole cakes. Freeze the scraps in bags. Or make cake balls from the scraps you have and freeze those. I've used frozen cake scraps for several months after freezing and there's no freezer burn or taste. (I'm very picky about this). They must be wrapped properly and tightly but you can avoid a lot of waste by doing this.

tabco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabco Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 4

This is such an awesome idea! Love that you can make something wonderful out of scraps!! Thanks for the input!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%