Silly Question - Granite Countertops

Decorating By riagirl Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 7:21am by riagirl

riagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riagirl Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! Forgive me for the silly question but I know the experts at CC will know the answer icon_smile.gif

We just moved into a new house with granite countertops and sealed the granite properly. My question is, if I want to roll fondant etc directly onto the countertop, what should I use to clean it? Right now we are using a granite cleaner but I'm not sure if it is toxic or not so I've been afraid to work directly on the granite. What do you use to make sure it is as clean as possible? TIA!

5 replies
ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 6

I use granite cleaner & then rinse with water!

tkcj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tkcj Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 6

As long as it has been sealed, you can clean it with soap and water and then rinse with clear water. That's one of the best things about stone countertops! Happy Decorating!

Claireybear1121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claireybear1121 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 6

I use diluted Dr. Bronner's soap!! I LOVE that stuff icon_smile.gif We don't use anything anitbacterial in our house, it's so bad for you and the Earth. And, being a geologist I can assure you that so long as you're not using anything with sand, diamonds, or other hard-gritty things in it you CANNOT damage granite. It's a substance that survived hundreds of thousands (or more) years in the ground before being turned into a counter icon_smile.gif

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by riagirl

Hi! Forgive me for the silly question but I know the experts at CC will know the answer icon_smile.gif

We just moved into a new house with granite countertops and sealed the granite properly. My question is, if I want to roll fondant etc directly onto the countertop, what should I use to clean it? Right now we are using a granite cleaner but I'm not sure if it is toxic or not so I've been afraid to work directly on the granite. What do you use to make sure it is as clean as possible? TIA!

icon_cry.gif I miss my granite countertops, I lost my home but when I had it I loved it. I did everything there, fondant, knead my bread dough, I made chocolate curls. and never had a scratch, just clean it with soap and water you should be ok. thumbs_up.gif

riagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riagirl Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 7:21am
post #6 of 6

thanks everyone! sounds like nothing beats good old soap and water!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%