Ordered Cupcakes Now Saying They Dont Want Them ...

Baking By janbabe Updated 19 Aug 2018 , 2:43pm by AAtKT

janbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janbabe Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 6:06pm
post #31 of 36

Thank you for all your comments and advice it is MUCH appreciated.

Well this morning I had a call from her saying they will be making me a payment today! (this is after I left a message saying I would be taking it further).

So this afternoon they come up and I am baking but by the time I can get to the door they have pushed an envelope through the door with a note on saying ' this is for the cakes we had on Thursday and your time on the other cakes'!! and they had jumped in their car and gone!!

The envelope had cash in for the amount I said I needed to cover costs. Cant believe they didnt come in for a receipt or anything.

I am wondering whether I should send a receipt for the cash or just leave it.

I can tell you I have learnt from this big time. I 'mostly' get a written agreement to what they want and always a deposit - but I didnt this time cos I was busy and I thought a school would be ok!! icon_eek.gif

Thanks to you all once again for all your support. thumbs_up.gif I certainly needed it!

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 6:22pm
post #32 of 36

A receipt for what! I didn't even get your payment! What you snuck it in my door... grrrrrr!

tammytaylor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammytaylor Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 6:49pm
post #33 of 36

I agree, reciept for what?! I wouldn't give it another thought. They were in the wrong, not you. The only thing you did wrong was to trust someone.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 7:04pm
post #34 of 36

You have cash in hand, so I'd say the issue is resolved. Chalk it up as "a lesson learned" and move on.

anonymous1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anonymous1 Posted 19 Aug 2018 , 4:20am
post #35 of 36

What is the best way to take a deposit online. Also, do you think a deposit is necessary for a small order (1 dozen with fondant decor) of cupcakes

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 19 Aug 2018 , 2:43pm
post #36 of 36

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%