Help With Camo Cake!!! Please!!!!!!

Decorating By hopeysanders Updated 10 Apr 2011 , 8:48pm by hopeysanders

hopeysanders Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hopeysanders Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 12

can someone tell me how to do a camouflage cake out of butter cream icing????? a tutorial would be great. i have never done anything camo before :{ THANKS

11 replies
kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 12

I just finished one today - sorry, didn't take pictures along the way. If you do the Viva smooth method - it is quite easy. I color 3 bowls of frosting - 1 black, 1 brown, and 1 army green. Then with my spatula I make black ovals or misshaped circles all over the cake, then brown and fill in with green - then smooth it out with the papertowel - it actually looks quiet good - and it always leaves the customer asking - how did you frost that smooth with different colors!!

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 12

the camo cake in my pics I used 4 different colored buttercreams and piped them using a #10 tip in different shapes. Then I let it crust up and used the Melvira roller method to smooth. actually it was one of the easiest cakes to smooth and frost...

sarkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarkee Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 12

I have done a few camo cakes. 2 are in my pics, one with football on top and one with blaze orange balls around it. On the football one I used a #10 tip, but on the blaze orange one I used #18. Filled in the entire cake w/ the colors I choose to use then used a Viva paper towel to smooth out. I agree with other post.....very easy. There really isn't a right or wrong. HTH

nettemc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nettemc Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 12

I did the exact same thing...i used 4 different colors using a #10 tip..and then smoothed with a viva papertowel

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 12

the tutorial for doing the camo effect is here on CC. I'll try to locate it.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:

You beat me to it. icon_smile.gif

I was going to post that link. I did it a while back and use this technique all the time.

CakeCrystals Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 3:28pm
post #9 of 12

It was your cake that I found the link on. icon_biggrin.gif You cake look great BTW. thumbs_up.gif

hopeysanders Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:16pm
post #10 of 12

thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CakeCrystals Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 8:53pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

You beat me to it. icon_smile.gif

I was going to post that link. I did it a while back and use this technique all the time.

lol I didn't mean to beat you to it. But if it wasn't for you doing a great job on your cake, I wouldn't have know where to look. Keep up the good work jammjenks thumbs_up.gif

hopeysanders Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 8:48pm
post #12 of 12

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%