Lmbo In Texas

Decorating By jenniemar Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 12:07pm by Karen421

jenniemar Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:58am
post #1 of 3

I just have to post this because it is too funny and I am going to rib them forever over this!

I had two wedding cakes that I have done for math teachers at my school-one is my principal (former H.S. math teacher). Both have ribbon around them (they are both in my photos). As I am working on the peacock feather cake I run out of ribbon. About 6 inches too short! Normally this would be my fault since I am an art teacher and NOT a math person and believe me the other teachers at school laugh at me all the time about my non-existent math skills!!

BUT- since I know I am math deficient I gave the measurements to my principal and told her to get the ribbon. The late night call to her asking "Hey Math Person, where did you buy the ribbon because you measured it wrong and it is 6 inches too short" conversation was priceless! We are friends too- so I can talk to her like that even though she's my boss.

And it doesn't end there!
So I call the other math teacher that night to MAKE SURE she ordered enough ribbon for her daughters cake since (of course) I gave her the cake dimensions so that she could figure the ribbon and get it since (again) I am REALLY bad at math. She says "yes, Jennifer, I had to have 12 feet of ribbon so I bought 3 yards." As soon as she said it she stopped short and then as bad at math as I am we both came to the same mathematical conclusion and I started laughing so hard I almost hurt myself.

Well, she bought more ribbon and I haven't let either one of them forget their math faux pas and they have since never mocked my math skills!
Priceless.

2 replies
BrindysBackyard Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:10am
post #2 of 3

very funny... thaks for sharing. I have been short on ribbon before but i am no math teacher thumbs_up.gif

Karen421 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 12:07pm
post #3 of 3

Great story, makes the rest of us feel much better!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%