Fat Daddio "mad Dadder" Cake Pans.

Decorating By MissFluff Updated 27 Jun 2012 , 8:25pm by SunshineBaker

alyrios Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alyrios Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:13pm
post #31 of 39

I just saw online and they're still sellingt them. My question would be how do you stack them? Do you still need to do a hole in te bottom tier??

calicopurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicopurr Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 7:54am
post #32 of 39

You stack them like in the picture. I know fondant would work well. Not too sure about buttecream.
http://www.cakesuppliesdepot.com/WHIMSICAL-CAKE-PANS-TOPSY-TURVY-CAKE-PAN-SET-OF-5_p_1171.html

midgysquidgy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgysquidgy Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 9:08am
post #33 of 39

The new tins that you can buy are great, You dont have to carve the cakes. Just stack them with buttercream or royal icing on the base of each tier as a glue then I put one dowel central to the tiers from the top right through to the base board.

calicopurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicopurr Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:51pm
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgysquidgy

The new tins that you can buy are great, You dont have to carve the cakes. Just stack them with buttercream or royal icing on the base of each tier as a glue then I put one dowel central to the tiers from the top right through to the base board.

Hi. Thanks for the info. I looked in your photos and I didn't see a topsy turvy cake. So if I was to use royal icing, I'd tell the person cutting the cake to use a dull knife to get between the cardboard and buttercream. Does the royal take off(stick to) the buttercream/fondant on the top of the lower tier?

midgysquidgy Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 12:50am
post #35 of 39

If using royal icing i suggest that a fine knife be used to seperate the tiers. Buttercream is easier. With using a dowel through all the tiers I find that just using buttercream is enough. I will go through my albums and upload a couple of my topsy turvy cakes either today or tomorrow.
Regards Leanne icon_smile.gif

midgysquidgy Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 12:51am
post #36 of 39

If using royal icing i suggest that a fine knife be used to seperate the tiers. Buttercream is easier. With using a dowel through all the tiers I find that just using buttercream is enough. I will go through my albums and upload a couple of my topsy turvy cakes either today or tomorrow.
Regards Leanne icon_smile.gif

mandy-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandy-m Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 6:49am
post #37 of 39

Just made my first two tier cake with a 8 and 10 inch round pan. Super happy with these pans they make funky cake making super easy and fun! Ill try and post a picture
LL

SunshineBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineBaker Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 8:15pm
post #38 of 39

Hi. I am considering ordering a set of these pans, but have a couple of questions. One is the same questions as someone else earlier had about height. I would think you need an extra regular cake to get height because maximum at high end would be 4", if that. Secondly, wouldn't you still have to cut out an area for the next tier to sit level? I would think, if not, that the cake would be at risk of falling over, even with a single dowel in place. Thanks for your help!

SunshineBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineBaker Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 8:25pm
post #39 of 39

Not sure I posted this correctly previously. Please excuse if posted twice!

Hi. I am considering ordering a set of these pans, but have a couple of questions. One is the same questions as someone else earlier had about height. I would think you need an extra regular cake to get height because maximum at high end would be 4", if that. Secondly, wouldn't you still have to cut out an area for the next tier to sit level? I would think, if not, that the cake would be at risk of falling over, even with a single dowel in place. Thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%