Great News For Me!

Business By kristiemarie Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 2:33am by lorieleann

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 3

I am so excited! There is a chance I will be able to start selling cakes here part time. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally, the law was that you had to have commercial equipment and couldn't sell out of your house. But a act called the Cottage Foods Act has changed all that and now, here in Michigan, you can sell cakes legally from your home! As long as you make under $15,000(g) a year, you can do it! All business taxes still apply but you don't have to deal with the health inspector or any of that.

WOOOOO!

I really really really want to work towards starting a business but up until this point, it was a pipe dream. Can't quit my day job. But being able to do this...to sell part time...that means that some day I might be able to quit my day job to make cakes full time!

Of course, I have A LOT of reading to do on this and as you business owners know, a lot of work ahead of me to even begin to do this right. But I can start this now with literally no upfront cost...no store front....no new equipment...

I am tickled pink!

Hopefully, I'll be in the forum soon enough to gather advice from all you savvy business women.

Yeah! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
ToniRod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ToniRod Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:20am
post #2 of 3

That's awesome! Wish you the best as you build your business!

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:33am
post #3 of 3

Congrats! That is so exciting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%