Lights In A Cake

Decorating By QuiteContrary Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 4:02pm by QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QuiteContrary Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone put tiny lights in a cake to make it sparkle when the lights are dimmed or turned off?

What kind of lights and where can I get them?

Also saw on Food Network Cake Challenge one time they painted the cake with some substance and caused it to glow in the dark?

Anybody knows about this?

6 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 7:38am
post #2 of 7

LED lights or short xmas strings, depending on what you are going for. I have little individual LEd lights that I get directly from the supllier, but you might want to look in the flower section (floral lights), or wedding supply shops, even online. Some are also called balloon lights. just type in mini LED light into the google search, LED, because they don't get hot

QuiteContrary Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you very much.

sweetaudrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetaudrey Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 7

seltzer water glows under a black light =] (that's the only thing I could think of lol)

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 7

The "Save On Crafts" website has tons of neat little tiny battery powered and corded lights and stuff.....love that site.

Just do a google search...I'm pretty sure if I post the link, they'll block it.

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 1:37pm
post #6 of 7

I've lights in cakes over the years. Cake deco.com or Pfiel and Holing had light wired in gumpaste flower sprays. I've added light to stairs and floral wreaths around cakes. I've bought some of the lights also from Hobby Lobby.

QuiteContrary Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Kitagrl, I found that website yesterday and they do have some cool stuff. Will look at the other suggested websites as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%