Please Help! Cake Pop Problem

Sugar Work By mmlj316 Updated 30 Mar 2011 , 6:15pm by deedee1120

mmlj316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmlj316 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 5

How do I keep my cake pops from falling off the sticks when I try to dip them?

4 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 5

Are you chilling them first?
Sometimes people add too much frosting which effects the weight and consistency of the cake pop. Try added a lot less frosting. Just a tablespoon at a time until the cake comes together. Chill the cake pops in the freezer for 10 minutes and then move into the fridge until ready to use them. Only pull a few out at time so they don't warm up too much.

If they're too cold the chocolate will crack so don't keep them in the freezer. Make sure you transfer them to the fridge.

hollys_hobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollys_hobby Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 5

I watched a really good tutorial, but can't seem to find it now. It said to chill the cake balls for about 20-30 minutes, then use just a small amount of melted chocolate and dip the end of your stick then stick it into the cake ball, then chill until completely cold (1 or more hours I think) and then proceed to your regular dipping of them. Hope that makes sense. icon_smile.gif

deedee1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee1120 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:14pm
post #4 of 5

The weight might be playing a role in that. Try making them a bit smaller if they are already on the larger side.

Also, I normally dip my stick in the chocolate (or whatever coating you are using) first then attach the cake ball and put it back in the fridge for 10 minutes. This allows the coating to act as a "glue" for your cake balls.

Good luck.

deedee1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee1120 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 5

The weight might be playing a role in that. Try making them a bit smaller if they are already on the larger side.

Also, I normally dip my stick in the chocolate (or whatever coating you are using) first then attach the cake ball and put it back in the fridge for 10 minutes. This allows the coating to act as a "glue" for your cake balls.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%