A Good Banana Cake/cupcake Recipe???

Baking By superfly Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 5:36pm by Crazyforcupcakes

superfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superfly Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 3

Hello experts! Can anyone recommend an amazing moist flavorful banana cake or cupcake recipe for cupcakes that has been tried and tested before??

Thanks keep cookin
superfly

2 replies
MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 3

This is the best and only receipe that I have tried and works all the time.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cream (if you don't have cream, use milk instead)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large bananas)
1 1/2 cup cake flour
1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon (desired amount)
Walnuts optional

Cream butter and sugar. Whisk in eggs. Dissolve soda in milk and pour into butter mixture and vanilla. Mix in banana. Add flour unil combined. You can either put them in muffin / cup cake cases or in a tin therefore baking times will vary. In general, as cupcakes they take about 25 mins to bake at a low temperature (gas mark 4).

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 3

I used this one to make banana cupcakes with marshmallow filling and peanut butter frosting, and it was great:

Banana Cupcakes

1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 very large ripe bananas (I added a little extra)
1/2 cup sour cream
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk

Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners. Whisk flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Mash bananas with fork in another medium bowl until smooth. Mix sour cream and vanilla into bananas.

Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and egg yolk and beat until well blended. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with banana sour cream mixture in 2 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture and beating just until blended after each addition. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.

Bake cupcakes until tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

Marshmallow filling:
I just mixed a little butter and marshmallow cream with powdered sugar until it was the right taste and consistency. You could also use plain marshmallow cream or any other marshmallow filling recipe.

Peanut Butter Frosting
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned or freshly ground)

Sift powdered sugar into large bowl. Add cream cheese, butter and peanut butter. Using electric mixer, beat until smooth.

These cupcakes are nice and moist, very rich, and delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%