Do They Make Cake Board Hole Cutters?

Decorating By KellyJo3 Updated 30 Mar 2011 , 6:07pm by KellyJo3

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 6

I have not ever heard of one, but I was wondering if anyone else has. If not someone should invent one that makes cutting holes in cake boards a lot easier and one that helps keep it centered. I would buy one in a heart beat lol! Thanks ahead of time! : )

5 replies
luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know if it would work or not but there was a post about using a drywall cutter to cut holes and people seemed pretty pleased with the results. Maybe one will chime in..

KellyJo3 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you, I never thought of that. Although I wish there was one that you just slid into some device and it "punched out" the holes. Just to make it a bit easier.

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 6

What kind of hole are you wanting to cut. The drywall circle cutter works great for cuting circles. HTH

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJo3

Thank you, I never thought of that. Although I wish there was one that you just slid into some device and it "punched out" the holes. Just to make it a bit easier.

There is, except that "device" is a drill press... very expensive machinery, unless you just wanted to use a drill.

KellyJo3 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 6

got ya, I thought it just had a sharp blade sorta like an exacto knife. Thank you very much, I'll be sending my husband to the store for that one! : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%