Bubble Tea Straws And Stacking....

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 9:47am by Mikel79

Mikel79 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Cakers!

My last cake was over a hour drive!!!!! I was freaking out!

I know that an hour drive is a drop in the bucket for some of you hard-core cakers here. But for me, it is a lot! I was so tense through the whole ride! But, thank God all was good upon delivery.

How in the heck do you folks chill out during the delivery of cakes?!

I do have a question though. The base of this cake is 10 and the top tier is 6. I used 6 bubble tea straws for support. Do I really need that many? Is there a general rule of thumb on how many dowels/straws are needed for tiered cakes?

If interested here is the cake:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1988596

Thanks!

Michael

4 replies
tootie0809 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 5

I don't use bubble tea straws anymore, but I do think 6 would have been a little too many for just the 6" top tier support. I would have used 4 for that size of cake. If you haven't checked into SPS yet, you should look into it for supports. Makes transporting and delivering cakes soooooo much better and much less stressful. Glad to hear your delivery was a success!

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 5

i added your cake to my favorites! i love it!

Mikel79 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzCuteCupcakes

i added your cake to my favorites! i love it!

thx!

Mikel79 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:47am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

I don't use bubble tea straws anymore, but I do think 6 would have been a little too many for just the 6" top tier support. I would have used 4 for that size of cake. If you haven't checked into SPS yet, you should look into it for supports. Makes transporting and delivering cakes soooooo much better and much less stressful. Glad to hear your delivery was a success!

Thank you for the tip!

Michael

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%