Spherical Cake Pans - Globe Or Belly Cake

Decorating By Terri66 Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 5:26pm by ajwonka

Terri66 Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,
I have having a hard time baking a spherical cake..you know to make either a world globe or babyshower cake-the belly....I have tried 2 different pans now...and the outside edge overcooks and the inside doesn't. I have tried one of those Wilton inserts...but it still seems to not work!!! Desperate...wasting time and money on ingredients to get that look. Should I just try carving it out from a square pan...stacked??? Any help would be appreciated.

3 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 2:27am
post #2 of 4

What temp are you cooking at? I've used the ball pan a few times and have not had too many problems.
Also how are you prepping your pans? I find the non-stick sprays create crusty and over cooked edges. I use homemade pan release (equal parts flour, shortening and oil) but shortening and flour also do the trick.

Terri66 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 4

Hi, I am baking at 350degreesC. I am using butter/flour to grease my pan. I wonder if the recipe I am using is just too "dense" pound cake. Maybe I need to use a box mix?

ajwonka Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 4

I've made wasc in the ball pan, prepped with Cisco & flour, baked at 325, no problems! Hth!

Quote by @%username% on %date%