....sperm Cake Lol

Lounge By sugardugar Updated 7 Apr 2011 , 6:14pm by CakeCrystals

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 8

I have a customer that's having two showers: one with family and one with her girlfriends. I have the family cake planned and for her other, more informal, cake she wants a two-tiered cake with little sperm inside of circles and the other tier is up to me.

WHAT THE HECK MATCHES FERTILIZED EGGS?! LOL

Help! I'm running dry here!

7 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 8

How about fondant cut out baby faces? You could do something like this on the sides of the bottom tier:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1679107

They are, after all, the end result! icon_biggrin.gif

sugardugar Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 12:38am
post #3 of 8

That's one of the only options I was thinking too, thanks for the pic!!!!

The only other idea I was thinking was something...nautical...sorta? Swimming? Arg

sweetaudrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetaudrey Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:12am
post #4 of 8

What in the world? LOL How do you paint sperm? I don't even know what it would look like. Unless, is she thinking like a human sperm CELL? (Learned this in biology lol). It sounds sooo funny, but you could make "egg" shaped pieces of fondant and paint one of the little sperm cells (they look kinda like tadpols) and even put little eyes and a smile on them. Wow...so weird sounding, but I think it would be cute! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

LIKE THIS: http://www.jillstanek.com/2011/02/why-pro-lifers-oppose-abortion-sperm-pride/

sugardugar Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 12:38pm
post #5 of 8

LOL yep that's what she wants!!!

Now I just need an idea for the other tier!!!

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

sweetaudrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetaudrey Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 8

Is this for a baby shower? Do you have to do something like sperm related or could you just do a pretty design and maybe pipe a cute quote about babies on to the other tier. Or just use the baby idea from the above posts. icon_smile.gif

sugardugar Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 8

It would have to not look out of place with her theme but I guess it doesn't have to be sperm related per se...LOL.

Yes this is a baby shower cake.

Piping quotes sounds cute actually. Cust states it's not "fun" enough though...

BLAH

Cust says the baby faces "may" work but she's not quite "feeling it".

Honestly, normally I'd kick this girl to the curb but I have 4 cakes to do for her this year, paid in full, and I swear she isn't as snippy as I'm making her sound. She just wants those stupid sperm! LOL

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 8

I might be too late with my suggestion, but here goes anyway. What about gumpast fetuses (sp) One for each stage of the pregnacy. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%